Excerpts From RAFI'S AMAZING TESTIMONY
Many years ago, after ten years of seeking, I was sitting on a bench, on campus, in Berkeley, California, a Guru, one who had realized the truth. All was light;1 Atman merged with Brahman, cosmic consciousness. I sat on that bench for 35 days, cross-legged, wearing white robes, long hair, flowers, mostly silent, talking in a hand sign language, sharing to the 40 or 50 devotees that were continually around me about the nature of God who I believed to have seen2 and knew and was one with.
Before that time I was in India with many Gurus, Enlightened Ones, and Supreme Spiritual Masters. One in particular has millions of Indian followers and thousands of American followers. He doesn't claim to be the Christ but the one who sent Jesus to the world 2,000 years ago. He sits on a throne, adorned with flowers, having thousands of people kissing his divine feet,3 as he says "Sohum" (I am that I am).4
This one, called Sai Baba is able to manifest jewels, pictures, food and holy ash all by a wave of his hand in the air. Cripples walk, diseases are healed (temporarily), and thousands are fed out of a few buckets of food, manifesting the signs and wonders of the spirit of Antichrist.5
Near the end of our 35-day stay in Berkeley, a man came up to me on campus and asked me if Jesus was in my heart. I said, in hand sign language (for I was mostly silent), "For sure Jesus is in my heart, and Ram is in my heart, and Krishna, and you're in my heart, too!"
Then he asked me if I was filled with the Holy Spirit. I laughed and said, "For sure!" holding up my hand to show him the blue light (shakti) coming out of my fingertips, "You can see it."
He then looked me in the eyes and pointed his finger at me saying, "You are lying. Jesus is not in your heart and you do not have the Holy Spirit." He abruptly walked away and I laughed him off, thinking he was obviously caught up in an illusion-in duality-for I thought it was all one-good and evil, right and wrong, Jesus and Satan were all just in the mind, not having any reality, for we can easily transcend the mind.
We then all traveled to upstate New York to an ashram (yoga commune) where we met another Guru who told us that he was being tormented by lying spirits. Then, after he was given a tract of 1 John 4:6, saying to test the spirits6 (energies) in the name of Jesus, for not all spirits are of God, he found a tremendous release from these tormenting spirits and yogic energies (shakti-kundalini).
He told us to test the energies (shakti) that was in all of our bodies to see if it confessed Jesus Christ as Lord, come in the flesh, and now risen at the right hand of the Father.
Wanting only the truth, I did that, exactly as the Word of God says. I asked Jesus into my heart and tested the energies within my body. Within two hours they all drained out of my feet leaving me with a totally empty feeling. All shakti was gone-all powers were gone.
Three weeks later 24 of us ended up in Virginia Beach where we went to a spirit-filled church. I immediately knew that what I was seeing there, I didn't have. People were raising their hands, speaking in different languages, worshipping the Lord Jesus in a way that was completely foreign to me.7 By the end of the night we were filled with His Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, and knowing in a way never before experienced, that Jesus is the only way to God, the Father, the only way to truth, and all other ways are a deception and a lie.
You must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God!8
And this was how I, born a Jew, came to know Jesus as my Messiah, God's Christ! Living in Jesus is the real joy, peace and love that Yoga is trying to imitate. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father but by Him.9
Vegetarianism,10 purifying the body and mind, meditation, celibacy in marriage, are all vain works11 in an attempt by man to reach God, the Father, when Jesus Christ, His Son, has made the way complete. Do not believe the lie found in Yoga and all Eastern religions for in doing so, we turn our back on God and salvation in Christ Jesus, our only hope.
The Bible warns us, 'Beware in the last days of false religions coming from the East preaching vegetarianism, abstention from marriage and the breaking-up of family life." Do not be misled by false prophets,12 deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, which are abundant in our earth in these last days-such as Hatha Yoga, transcendental meditation, mantras,13 and reincarnation-the belief that you can attain God over a period of lifetimes, a lying doctrine, for man is appointed once to live and once to die14 and now is the appointed time of salvation.15
DO YOU HAVE JESUS IN YOUR HEART? ARE YOU FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT?
My dear brothers and sisters, test the energies, the path, the way you are trying in your search for the truth. Test it! If it is of God, it confesses Jesus as Lord, come in the flesh and risen again. If it is the truth you are seeking, ask God to show you and ask Jesus Christ into your heart. Be willing to open your heart, to repent, to change the old ways and admit that you haven't been following God's ways. Receive the precious blood of Jesus.
Say this simple prayer:
"Oh, Father God, I have tried so many ways and methods to come to know You but all have failed in the end. I want so much to know the truth. Jesus, come into my heart and be the Lord of my life and show me Your truth. I thank you, Jesus. Thank you, Lord, for making me a new creature in You, redeemed by Your blood and saved by Your grace. "
1. 2 Cor. 11:14 "...for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light." NAS
2. John 1:18 "No man has seen God at any time;" NAS
3. 2 Thess. 2:3,4 "There will be a time of great rebellion against God, and the man of rebellion will come-the son of hell (anti-christ). He will defy every god there is, and tear down every other object of adoration and worship. He will go in and sit as God in the temple of God, claiming that he, himself, is God." TLB
4. Ex. 3:14 "And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM'; God spoke this in reference to Himself-not us, His creation."
5. Matt. 24:24 "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect."
6. 1 John 4:1-3 "Beloved, do not believe every spirit (teachings, paths, energies), but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of the anti-christ of which you have heard that is coming, and now it is al-ready in the world.
7. God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
8. John 3:3
9. John 14:6
10. 1 Tim. 4:1-4 "But the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from Christ and become eager followers of teachers with devil-inspired ideas (deceitful spirits and doc-trines of demons). These teachers will tell lies with straight faces.. They will say it is wrong to be married and wrong to eat meat, even though God gave these things. - For everything God made is good, and we may eat it gladly if we are thankful for it..." TLB
11. Isaiah 64:6 "All our righteous deeds (good works, purification) are like a filthy rag."
12. Matt. 24:5 "for many will come claiming to be the Christ (the Saviour) and will lead many astray." Matt. 24:11 "And many false prophets will appear and lead many astray." TLB
13. Matt. 6:7 "And when you are praying do not use meaningless repetitions as the heathen do."NAS
14. Heb. 9:27
15.2 Cor. 6:2 "Behold, now is 'the acceptable time,' behold now is 'the day of Salvation~"'
The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the Gospel!
For more information or assistance, please write to me:
Rafi, Box 10305, Wilmington, NC 28404 302 559-1766